Monday, December 8, 2014

The Bliss Habit: 3 Magical Lessons Learned


I'm halfway through the Bliss Habit, which is both amazing and unbelievable! My happiness levels are through the roof and if I don't share some of these positive vibes with the rest of you, I just may explode. For my own sake, and yours, I'm going to leave a bit of my sparkle here. I hope you like shiny things.

Lesson 1: Know your spirit


Ask yourself, "who am I?" Dig deeper than the labels and titles. Understand that you are not your job, or any other designation you are assigned. You are so much more than that. While I may be a daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, employee, etc., it's questionable as to whether or not these labels resonate with my inner spirit. Once the external world dissolves, what is left? 

Knowing your spirit means knowing what makes you feel alive, knowing what drives you to a place of fulfilment and ease. Your inner spirit is simply a reflection of your authentic self. Reveal your passions and purpose, understand your truth, learn about self-expression and experience freedom. It all starts with, "who am I?"

Myself? I am a work in progress, always learning, always adapting. I am a friend to myself and others. I am passionate, driven by love and freedom. I am kind often, but not always. I am curious, creative and out of the box. I love belly aching laughter and smiling until my cheeks hurt. I am thoughtful, sometimes too thoughtful. I am resilient and strong, but have my weak spots. I am a hardworking dreamer, goal oriented and spiritual. I embrace my strengths and recognize my weaknesses. Above all, I am so grateful for all that I have. 

The next step is simple. Once you get to know your spirit, let it guide you.

Lesson 2: Rewrite your stories


We're all story tellers, and talented ones at that. It's hard for us to accept that things happen just because, so to make sense of the world we attach meaning to our experiences. Unfortunately, our stories often inhibit us, rather than help us. We convince ourselves that our setbacks are failures, rather than learning curves.

You're not strong enough. You're not deserving. You're not smart enough. You're not funny. You're not pretty enough. You're not likeable. You're not, you're not, you're not! 

In a single day, a human being will think over 50,000 thoughts and these thoughts act as signals for reality. If we are replaying our painful stories in our minds over and over again, than we are actually attracting pain into our future. Luckily, it's never too late to go back and edit. We may not be able to erase, but we can always revise our perceptions of our stories. Even in the most tragic story, there is a beautiful lesson to be learned. Find that beauty and rejoice in the lesson. 

Lesson 3: Own your choices


Did you know that whether you are living the life of your dreams or loathing every waking moment, you have created this reality for yourself? Life is a series of choices and whether you are making your choices consciously or subconsciously, intentionally or unintentionally, your current life circumstances are all on you. Now this may be a tough pill to swallow, so gulp hard and take it all in. It's true. Stop blaming, complaining, justifying and arguing, simply take responsibility for your choices and push forward! 

Next time something bad happens to you, like say, getting a $200 parking ticket and then days later receiving yet another parking ticket (not that I am speaking from experience), take your pointer finger and point it in one direction and one direction only - inward. Ask yourself, "what could I have done differently? Where did I go wrong? How can I be better in the future?" When bad things happen, it is no one's fault but your own. All you can do is be better next time.

Now take these lessons, think about them, apply them, grow and never stop growing.

Until next time,

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment