Thursday, August 6, 2015

Why Changing Your Perception Changes Your Life

per·cep·tion noun

a way of regarding, understanding, or interpreting something; a mental impression

synonyms: impression, idea, conception, notion, thought, belief, judgment, estimation


"I'm not smart enough. I'm not pretty enough. I'm too weak. I'm not successful. No one likes me." 

What if I told you that our thoughts create our reality, would you believe me? 


If you've ever been in a philosophy class I'm sure this will sound all too familiar. After an entire semester talking about the origins of the universe and attempting to figure out whether our brain, body and soul are connected, my professor came up with this controversial question: Are humans innately good, bad or a blank slate? 

I'm going to save you the anguish that comes with attempting to solve this riddle and give you the answer I've settled on. We are whatever we want to be. We have the power to become whatever we choose. Out of all of the equally brilliant philosophers, who have their own theories and arguments for why they are right, they never come to an agreement. Instead, they carry on shaping their existence around these uncertain beliefs. They take their beliefs to the grave, we all do. 

You know what the cool part is? It doesn't matter who is right, at all. What matters is the fact that these beliefs we form shape our thoughts, which affect our actions and create reality as we know it. Whether you believe humans are evil beings or pure, innocent Do-Gooders, you are right. What you think about you bring about, so you're right. We are all right. 

Whatever you choose to believe about yourself, about your life, about people, about the world at large, this will become your reality. So watch your words, be kind to yourself and others, believe in miracles and concentrate on manifesting all that you desire. 


"Happy people don't have the best of everything. They make the best of everything." 


With love,


L.

              

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to hear today! Thank you for sharing such beautiful wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!
    http://fastdissertation.ir/

    پایان نامه

    ReplyDelete